Airlink operates daily direct scheduled air services operating between both Cape Town and Johannesburg and Skukuza airport, in the Kruger National Park.
Located in close proximity to the Skukuza main camp (also the administrative headquarters of the Kruger National Park) and the adjoining Sabi Sand conservancy, the airport is unique in providing direct access into one of the world’s largest protected wildlife areas.
The return of scheduled air services to Skukuza Airport on 2 June 2014 was momentous in the context of South African tourism as this has allowed all tourism stakeholders and tourists the ability to gain direct access to a variety of important and globally renowned wildlife destinations within the Kruger Park and nearby Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve, thereby providing a far more integrated and effective leisure travel product to the global market.
|Daily, O R Tambo (JNB) to Skukuza (SZK)||Daily, Skukuza (SZK) to O R Tambo (JNB)|
|SA 8861, JNB / SZK, 10h00 / 10h50||SA 8862, SZK / JNB, 13h30 / 14h35|
|SA 8865, JNB / SZK, 13h20 / 14h10||SA 8866, SZK / JNB, 14h50 / 15h35|
|Daily, Cape Town (CPT) to Skukuza (SZK)||Daily, Skukuza (SZK) to Cape Town (CPT)|
|SA 8651, CPT / SZK, 10h35 / 13h05||SA 8652, SZK / CPT , 11h20 / 13h55|
- Reservations on Airlink flights to and from Johannesburg / Skukuza Airport and Cape Town / Skukuza Airport should be made via your travel agent or directly with Airlink www.flyairlink.com.
- Check-in for Airlink flights is at the Airlink check-in desks in the domestic departures terminals at OR Tambo International Airport and Cape Town International Airport.
- Reservations for road transfers to and from Skukuza Airport and MalaMala Game Reserve must be made through the MalaMala central reservations office and will be invoiced with the reserved accommodation.
A one hour road transfer is available between Skukuza Airport and MalaMala Game Reserve and can be reserved through through MalaMala Game Reserve, at a cost of US$40 per person one way.
- The arrival time at MalaMala Main Camp and Sable Camp will be approximately 90 mins after the aircraft arrival at Skukuza Airport.
- The departure time from Rattray’s on MalaMala will be 90 mins prior to the scheduled aircraft departure from Skukuza Airport.
- The departure time from MalaMala Main Camp and Sable Camp will be 105 mins prior to the scheduled aircraft departure from Skukuza Airport.
Airlink – via Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (MQP):
Airlink operates daily scheduled flights from Durban, Johannesburg and Cape Town into Kruger Mpumalanga Airport (MQP).
Airlink operates direct flights between Nelspruit and Livingstone Airport, Zambia on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesday, Fridays and Saturdays as well as direct flights between Nelspruit and Vilanculos, Mozambique every Thursday and Sunday.
Kruger Mpumalanga Airport is situated close to the town of Nelspruit and transfers to MalaMala can be provided by either a small light aircraft (30 minute air transfer) or a road transfer (2 hour transfer).
Please contact your travel agent for the details. Flights can be booked on line at www.skukuzaairport.com.