It is important that you call the camp from Hazyview or the Sabi Sand Wildtuin gate.
MalaMala Main Camp & Sable Camp: +27 13 735 9200 | Rattray’s on MalaMala: +27 13 735 3000
The best route to travel within the reserve may change depending on weather conditions. It is essential that you speak with the camp reception prior to entering the reserve to receive their advice. For your safety and comfort please ensure that you have entered the Sabi Sand Wildtuin before 16h00.
The MalaMala Game Reserve is a 6 hour drive from Johannesburg.
Kindly note: No fuel is available at the camps. Please therefore ensure that you obtain sufficient fuel in Hazyview for your return journey.
Directions from Hazyview to MalaMala:
- Travel to Hazyview in the Mpumalanga Province and turn east at the SPAR Centre onto the R536 – towards the Paul Kruger Gate.
- After 37,5 km’s you will see a brown road sign indicating ‘MalaMala’ to the left. Turn left onto the dirt road – beware the tight hairpin bend. Follow this road for 3km’s. At the T-junction turn right and continue for another 4,2 km’s to Shaw’s Gate, the entrance to the Sabi Sand Wildtuin.
- Here you will be required to pay the ZAR250.00 entrance fee per vehicle plus ZAR 110.00 per person in cash. Please ensure that you collect the necessary entrance permit from the gate guard. *Rates are subject to change.
- Continue straight following the signs to Rattray’s on MalaMala. After 6,3km you will come to a crossroad. Turn left at the cross road following the sign to MalaMala / Rattray’s.
- Rattray’s on MalaMala is approximately 11 km from this point.
- If travelling to MalaMala Main Camp and Sable Camp turn left at the “Y” junction just before the Rattray’s turnoff.
- You will arrive at the MalaMala entry gate where you will be asked to sign the register. The guard will advise reception of your arrival.