MalaMala Game Reserve is the Safari Industry’s blueprint to the luxury photographic safari. In existence since 1927, this massive thriving tract of land produces the most exciting wildlife experience this side of the equator. MalaMala Game Reserve is the largest private Big Five game reserve in South Africa and prides itself on its high level of hospitality and luxury, whilst providing opportunity for incredible game viewing.
MalaMala is looking for an experienced Barman to passionately deliver on high levels of service within a high-end luxury safari lodge environment.
To be considered you must have the following:
- 1+ years’ experience in a barman role
- Experience in a 5-star environment advantageous
- Organisational skills with the ability to complete stock takes, familiarise oneself with guests’ preferences, recording of orders on a bar charge sheet, and ensuring all dockets are signed daily.
- Extensive bar and drink mixing knowledge
- Good knowledge of local and international wines
- Understanding of the luxury safari environment an advantage.
- Ability to use initiative through being aware of guests’ needs and being able to tend to them
- Ability to problem solve
- Good time-keeping skills
- Strong communication skills
- Sense of ownership and pride for the guest experience
- Flexible, positive attitude
- English literacy level: Moderate ability to read and write but should speak well as the candidate will be continually interacting with the guests
- Computer literacy level: Moderate ability (PowerPOS)