MalaMala Game Reserve is the Safari Industry’s blueprint to the luxury photographic safari. In existence since 1927, this massive thriving tract of land produces the most exciting wildlife experience this side of the equator. MalaMala Game Reserve is the largest private Big Five game reserve in South Africa and prides itself on its high level of hospitality and luxury, whilst providing the opportunity for incredible game viewing.
MalaMala is looking for an enthusiastic and outgoing Front of House to facilitate all guest related interaction, hosting and enquiries whilst ensuring our our high-end service delivery is smoothly executed.
To be considered you must have the following:
- 1 – 2 years of 5* African Safari Camp/Lodge experience
- A qualification in Tourism & Hospitality and/or Hospitality Management
- Demonstrate attention to detail and be guest- and service-oriented
- Commitment to work long and flexible hours
- Thorough familiarity of hosting, food & beverage, service etiquette and delivery, and customer-service excellence.
- Physically fit, sober habits and in good health
- First Aid level 1 (minimum)
- Extensive understanding of the lodge environment
- Ability to use initiative through being aware of guests’ needs and being able to tend to them
- Ability to problem solve
- Good time-keeping skills
- Strong communication skills
- Sense of ownership and pride for the guest experience
- Flexible, positive attitude
- English literacy level: Must have an excellent command of the English language including reading, writing and speaking
- Computer literacy level: Use of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook), ResRequest and stock control systems