MalaMala Game Reserve COVID-19 Terms and Conditions
Updated: 18 March 2021
These terms and conditions will remain in place until such time that restrictions impacting inbound and outbound travel to South Africa are lifted. At such time, any booking still to travel or made under the auspices of these COVID-19 terms and conditions will be replaced by MalaMala’s Standard Terms and Conditions.
MalaMala Game Reserve COVID-19 related travel conditions:
- The South African Government imposes a travel ban and guests are unable to travel.
- The government in the guests’ country of departure or origin imposes a travel ban and guests are
unable to travel.
- The government in the guests’ country of origin OR South Africa imposes a mandatory quarantine of 36 hours or more and guests are unable to travel.
- International flights are cancelled due to COVID-19 reasons and no alternative routings are available.
- The guest tests positive for COVID-19 within 21 days prior to travel and can provide the relevant medical certificate.
- MalaMala Game Reserve must close due to COVID-19 reasons.
DEFERRED & NEW BOOKINGS:
- MalaMala will honour the existing 2021 rates for all deferred bookings effective for travel to 31 March 2022.
- Any new bookings for 2022 will be levied at the 2022 published rates.
- The Pay 3/Stay 4 special is applicable for the following periods:
- Valid to 30 June 2021
- 01 November – 15 December 2021
- 10 January – 31 March 2022
- 01 November – 15 December 2022
- In the event of a cancellation due to any of the reasons stipulated under the COVID-19 related travel conditions above and within 60 days prior to the scheduled arrival, no cancellation fees will apply. A valid reason for the cancellation must be communicated to the MalaMala reservations office.
- In the event of a non-COVID-19 related cancellation or any cancellations received 60 days or more prior to the scheduled arrival date, the following standard cancellation fees will apply:
- 5% if cancelled more than 60 days prior to scheduled arrival.
- 25% if cancelled 60 days or less and 30 days or more prior to scheduled arrival.
- 50% if cancelled 30 days or less and 14 days or more prior to scheduled arrival.
- 90% if cancelled 14 days or less prior to scheduled arrival.