Click here to view images
MalaMala Main Camp is the oldest and most historical private game reserve in South Africa and the first to make the transition from hunting to photographic safari's. It is the blueprint on which the South African safari industry was built. Every aspect of the MalaMala Main Camp is designed to appreciate and enjoy the view of the surrounding wilds. Pathways wind their way along the perimeter of the camp to reveal individual ochre colored units tucked into the greenery which flanks the Sand River. Massive trees and rolling green lawns are filled with birdsong, with the occasional antelope or elephant which seeks the succulence of greenery. The camp is unfenced - an oasis in the middle of the bushveld.
Camp Facilities :
- The impressive lounge, air-conditioned dining room and historic bar are conducive to good companionship - safari style
- An air-conditioned library with satellite television, internet connectivity and DVD player - affectionately referred to as the Monkey Club
- A large wooden safari deck, in the shade of a Jackalberry
tree - the ideal vantage point from which to observe the collection of animal life at the Sand River's edge
- A large filtered infinity pool with magnificent views across the river
- A well-appointed safari boutique with quality clothing, jewellery and artefacts
- A small fitness facility with stationary bicycle, treadmill, multi-gym machine, rowing machine, sit-up benches, pull-up bar, free weights, mats and a steam room
- A massage service is available on request
- Mobile Phone coverage and Wireless internet connectivity are available at all the MalaMala Game Reserve camps.
Accommodation : 10 luxury suites, 8 luxury rooms and 1 single room.
Single Room - 40m2
Luxury room - 55m2
Suites - 85m2
Decks - 15m to 20m2
- "His" and "hers" bathrooms
- 24-hour temperature control
- Direct dial telephones
- A mini-bar and tea and coffee making facilties
- A mini-safe
- Bathroom amenities, insect repellent and hairdryers
Family rooms able to accommodate a third adult or two children are available on request.
Disabled Accommodation :
MalaMala prides itself on being one of the few safari destinations which is able to offer a fully equipped disabled suite.
- Master bedroom with two en-suite bathrooms and an additional disabled bathroom which is able to comfortably accommodate a guest who is wheelchair bound. This includes a wheel-in shower with all the necessary fittings.
- Desk/table surfaces specifically adjusted to the correct level at which a wheelchair is positioned.
- A separate lounge area which may be converted to a bedroom should a disabled guest require assistance from an accompanying aid.
- Game drives are conducted safely in a suitably equipped landrover with a wheelchair ramp.
Age restriction :
Children of all ages accepted. Children of 4 years and younger are not permitted in the boma for dinner, or on game drives (unless parent's have reserved booked sole use of a vehicle). A babysitting facility is available at a nominal fee.
Capacity on Game Drives : 6 guests per safari vehicle
Click here to view images
Click here for rates
TO THE TOP