MalaMala Main Camp
MalaMala Main Camp is the oldest and most historical private game reserve in South Africa and the first to make the transition from hunting to photographic safaris. It is the blueprint on which the South African safari industry was built. Every aspect of the MalaMala Main Camp is designed to appreciate and enjoy the view of the surrounding wilds. Pathways wind their way along the perimeter of the camp to reveal individual ochre colored units tucked into the greenery which flanks the Sand River. Massive trees and rolling green lawns are filled with birdsong, with the occasional antelope or elephant which seeks the succulence of greenery. The camp is unfenced – an oasis in the middle of the bushveld.
- The impressive lounge, air-conditioned dining room and historic bar are conducive to good companionship – safari style
- An air-conditioned library with satellite television, complimentary internet connectivity and DVD player – affectionately referred to as the Monkey Club
- A large wooden safari deck, in the shade of a Jackalberry tree – the ideal vantage point from which to observe the collection of animal life at the Sand River’s edge
- A large filtered infinity pool with magnificent views across the river
- A well-appointed safari boutique with quality clothing, jewellery and artefacts
- A small fitness facility with stationary bicycle, treadmill, multi-gym machine, rowing machine, sit-up benches, pull-up bar, free weights, and mats
- A massage service is available on request
- Mobile phone coverage (MTN) and complimentary wireless internet connectivity are available at all the MalaMala Game Reserve camps
10 luxury suites, 8 luxury rooms, and 1 single room
- Single Room – 40m2
- Luxury room – 55m2
- Suites – 85m2
- Decks – 15m to 20m2
Age restriction: Children of all ages accepted. Children of 4 years and younger are not permitted in the boma for dinner, or on game drives (unless parents have reserved booked a private vehicle). A babysitting facility is available at a nominal fee.
Capacity on game drives: 6 guests per safari vehicle.
- “His” and “hers” bathrooms
- 24-hour temperature control
- Direct dial telephones
- A mini-bar
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- A mini-safe
- Bathroom amenities, insect repellent and hairdryers
Family rooms are able to accommodate a third adult or two children which is available on request.