MalaMala Game Reserve’s airfield
(a) Fire Fighting: YES – CATEGORY 4
(b) Communications: 124,8 MHZ
(e) Customs and Immigration: NO
(f) Terminal Building: NO
(g) Night Operation NO
- Please call MalaMala radio on 124,8Mhz at least 15 minutes prior to arrival to ensure that the airfield is checked and cleared.
- On arrival, please overfly the airfield at 3000’ ASL and join the circuit downwind, east of the runway (which is overhead MalaMala property).
- On departure, please head east (over MalaMala), circle and then overfly the windsock in a westerly direction.
- Please use turning circles at either end of the runway – no turning on the runway.
- This is a private airfield and prior approval to operate into MalaMala must be obtained at least 24 hours beforehand.
• There are no refueling facilities for aircraft
• This is a private airfield
|SA Civil Aviation Authority number||856|
|Category||2 with category 4 fire fighting equipment on request|
|Weight limitation of aircraft||21 000 kg|
|Airfield Reference Point (ARP)||24 49 03 South 31 32 40 East|
|Length of runway (meters)||1308 m (tarred pavement)|
|Width of runway (meters)||23 m|
|Elevation (AMSL)||329 m (1100 ft) at Airfield Reference Point|
|Magnetic direction of runway||16 / 34|
|Type of surface||13 mm stone chip and spray, and slurry seal|
|Bearing strength (P.C.N)||6 / F / B / W / T|
|Length of stopway(s)||120 m|
|Surface of stopway(s)||Gravel and grass|
|Apron size||5402 m2|
|Windsock colour||Day glow orange|
|Location||24 48 55 South 31 32 38 East|
|Signal area location||Non-directional beacon S2 233.0 kHz at Skukuza|
|Aerodrome identification sign and location||FAMD MalaMala|