MalaMala prides itself on being one of the few safari destinations able to offer a universally accessible suite – designed in accordance with the Disabled People’s Information Service of South Africa and in line with international standards. Game drives are conducted safely in a suitably equipped Land Rover.
- Master bedroom with two en-suite bathrooms and an additional universally accessible bathroom that is able to comfortably accommodate guests who use wheelchairs. This includes a wheel-in shower with all the necessary fittings
- Desk/table surfaces specifically adjusted to the correct level at which a wheelchair is positioned
- No loose rugs/carpets that will impede the movement of a wheelchair
- A separate lounge area that can be converted into a bedroom should a disabled guest require assistance from an accompanying nurse/aid
- Ramp entrance to the room
- 24-hour temperature control
- Elevated deck overlooking the bush
- Ramp to the vehicle housing
Our Land Rovers are disability-friendly and cater for a wide range of needs. A ramp in camp is provided for wheelchairs leading up to the front seat next to the ranger. On the seat, necessary cushions, blankets and straps can be provided.