Finance Manager Career
The Finance Manager is responsible for all aspects of financial management, ensuring compliance with internal policies and procedures, IT, HO office management and some Company Secretarial. This role builds and molds the capacity of the MalaMala Game Reserve finance team. S/he oversees the day to day work of the finance department and is responsible for the effective use and deployment of staff and financial resources.
The Finance Manager is based in the Johannesburg Head Office and will be required to travel occasionally to the reserve.
Please email cv applications to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Reports to: Managing Director
Manages: Finance Department
· Process and assist with monthly journals/invoices where required.
· Oversee Daily/Weekly capturing and checking of transactions from ResRequest.
· Update and post all cash books.
· Managing cash flow requirements.
· Monthly review & reconciliation of General Ledger accounts to ensure accurate record keeping.
· Maintenance and update of Fixed Asset Register.
· Provide monthly support to HOD’s with regards to monthly and annual spend analysis trends and comparison to budget.
· Produce monthly management accounts including balance sheet reconciliations in an accurate and timely basis. Including but not limited to bank reconciliations, debtors, creditors and inter-company accounts.
· Report and distribute monthly management reports to agreed time scales.
· Develop annual budgets in collaboration with the management team and HOD’s.
· Oversee the payroll function and ensure that payments are made to individuals, SARS, Provident Fund and Medical Aid etc.
· Liaise with Pastel, PowerPOS and Sage consultants on system and process queries.
· Process and reconcile Johannesburg supplier invoices and payments.
· Calculate amounts due for external suppliers and request invoices i.e. Tomsa, Community Levy.
· Review and approve bi-weekly and monthly supplier payments.
· Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements relating to financial control, financial management, accounting statements (IFRS) and basic taxation.
· Ensure appropriate external audit arrangements are in place and manage the audit process.
· Ensure implementation and adherence to finance policies, procedures and systems across all teams.
· Ensure internal control processes and procedures in finance are correct and efficient. Audit processes and procedures on a regular basis and recommend improvements where relevant.
· Conduct frequent training and development with current staff within the department.
· Daily update of rate of exchange for reservations and camp.
· Monthly update of ROE on Pastel/operating system.
· Daily update of ZAR receipts for reservations and camp.
· Oversee the Outsourced IT Service and act as point of contact for Johannesburg office.
· Assist when required with company secretarial function and any legal matters
· General ad-hoc office management requirements.
· Relevant financial degree or equivalent, completed Articles and or CA(SA) will be advantageous
· Hospitality experience will be an advantage
· 5+ years in a similar role.
· Strong management including communication skills.
· Extensive knowledge of various ERP systems especially Pastel Accounting
· High level understanding and experience within the financial value chain.